Thursday, June 23, 2011

New Reading Material

Since I finished Plan Bee, I've been reading a few of the stories from the wild animal folktale book. I admit it's not one that sucks me in and I read straight through. It is interesting; but I found another book that caught my eye: Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels . Apparently the author, Ree Drummond, has a blog and a cookbook of which I knew nothing. I guess I have a lot of catching up to do. When I ordered the book from my local bookstore, Nightbird Books, the girl at the checkout said her friend was obsessed with Ree Drummond's blog and books and had been featured on her website. I don't know if this is true, just taking the checkout girl at her word. The bookstore was all sold out of the book, so it must be a good read (either that or it has a good marketing strategy).

Last night, I tried to make an impromtu blueberry custard.  It was pretty much a disaster. Sometimes throwing ingredients together without a recipe works and sometimes it doesn't. Oh well. I'm thinking maybe I should have added another egg? Or maybe adding coconut milk to the regular milk throws it all off? Perhaps the ginger and the cinnamon had an argument and the bluberries suffered the consequences? Nah..... Ginger and cinnamon are good friends.

Oh wow, did I ever get distracted..... I was going to finish up the reading material section with the fact that I bought a new book while waiting for Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels to arrive. It's by Michael Perry and is about his year fixing up his truck and the love story that unfolded during. It's called Truck: A Love Story. Anyway, it is interesting so far. His style of writing is a tad confusing to me, but I still like it. He's funny. I completely understand his attachment to the old truck that doesn't run. I have a similar attachment to my dad's old jeep truck.  I'd like to fix it up. But knowing nothing about cars and trucks or about rebuiling or reparing them, kind of has the whole idea straining my brain wondering if I can ever actually begin. My brother has some automotive know-how and I have a cousin who does also. I also have to come up with money..... Since turning tricks doesn't seem to be a good option, I suppose I'll have to take more call at work.  Starting tonight :(

No comments:

Post a Comment