Tuesday, May 10, 2011

May 8-May 10 2011 Sunshine on my shoulder

It was supposed to rain this weekend but didn't. Today was cloudy but no rain.  Yesterday I got the bean seedlings in the ground and built a trellis for them out of the bamboo we have growing by the pond. There are five small ones.  I don't know if I should bother with the tomatoes and the peppers.  They are very small still and probably won't do well.

I still have to get the passionflower vine in the ground as well as the fennel, the catnip, and the lillies. I also still have some flower and herb seeds I need to plant.  I think I will direct sow and get it over with. They'll either make it or they won't.  Oh... and I still need to plant the lavender.

I moved the potted ferns out by the pond.  I think they look good there.  Hopefully they do well. I noticed frog eggs in the pond.  Unfortunately, there is also some algae starting to grow.  I will have to look into how to keep it from taking over.  I know it likes sun, but I can't do anything about that without obstructing the view more than it already has been.

The temperature today was pretty nice.  The wind blew but not too hard.  All in all, a pretty great day.  I spent some of this evening picking up shingle pieces, nails, and other trash from before we bought the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment