Monday, May 2, 2011

April 29-May 2 2011 Rainy Days

It's another rainy day. We did have one day of sun. I can't remember what day that was though. 

I have been busy. I finally completed my soil testing from the kit I bought at Lowe's. In the area that I tested, pH is 7, nitrogen and phosporous are both medium and potassium is high. I will have to do more research to figure out what makes these levels what they are.

I ordered red worms and a bin through Uncle Jim's Worm Farm. I am ready for them to arrive! My kitchen compost bucket is overflowing. I keep it outside since it has a lid.

I am headed tomorrow to pick up some rain barrels from a guy here in town. I found him on Craigslist. I've signed up for a gardening class through Ozark Alternatives Farm here in Fayetteville. It's a one-day class from noon to 3 p.m tomorrow.  I took the day off from work to do the class and drive down to borrow my sister's truck to get the rain barrels.

Friday after work, I attended the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks member plant sale. I bought some plants for my butterfly garden. I'm still deciding on exactly where that needs to go.  The location I had intended it to go is looking like it might over the gas line.  Probably not a good idea.... I put in a call to the 811 "Call before you dig." I don't really get it.  They say it will be done by May 5 at 7 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment