Friday, May 20, 2011

May 19-May 20 1011 The storm arrives

I think it might have rained last night. I know it did while I was at work today.  I had about 20 minutes of weeding and picking up debris after work before the storm rolled in. It's still thundering and raining right now. I can hear the frogs in the pond talking :)

The skinny magnolia is blooming. I only noticed because I saw a big white thing laying in the grass and figured it was probably trash blown in from the storms earlier today. Nope.  Big white, lovely and lightly fragrant blossom. Delightful scent really. I tried looking it up in the tree books we have.  My best guess is that it's a Sweet Bay Magnolia. That is a guess though. 

The skinny yellow irises are blooming. It looks like the yellow flag iris but again, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment